Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Day 10....

Ladies and Gents, I have reached Day 10. What is Day 10 you may wonder..........

First a little backstory. Ten days ago, I began a 14 day detox/cleanse at the tri mur ti yoga studio in Soho led by Amanda Young of Young Wellness and a graduate of the Institute for Integrative Nutrition.

I had been looking to do a detox/cleanse for some time now and most of the ones that I had come across were either too pricey, too unrealistic (Oh I was sooo not going to have a colonic everyday) or structured unappealingly. When I came across this Spring Detox, I was deeeeelighted.

It includes free yoga classes during the detox, 2 meetings with the detox group and a buddy! So ten days ago, 8 participants embarked on a journey together.

The first ten days I coped very well, but most profound was that it taught me that, when I am not spending quality time with cheese fries, I actually know how to eat pretty healthfully, thanks to work that I have done with a prior nutritionist. But I have learned so many new and better things.

But all this is at a SCREECHING halt now. After ten days of slowly giving things up to eat and drink, Day 10 has arrived.....

Day 10 begins: no more nuts, no more fish, no more whole grains.... In its place is just fruits and veggies and veggies and fruits only......

What's in store you may ask? Well:

I made a vegetable soup last night (Day 9) and because I am spastic in the kitchen and a mishap with the blender, the result was pureed green soup all over my kitchen ceiling, floors walls and lets not forget lil ole moi.

Today, I had to enter my credit card info for an online purchase at work, BUT I accidently began entering the card numbers on my TELEPHONE key pad... Giggle.

Anyways, my friends and co workers have been forwarned that I may be extra cranky/moody. so stay tuned because Day 13 is fast approaching....

1 comment:

Carma11 said...

i am right there with you.....day 13, Lady. thank you for being bold and going on this adventure with the group. i didn't participate much with the emails but when i read them, i was glad to hear everyone's input. i had a mishap during a vacation. i overexerted myself staying up later than was comfortable because i drove to rhode island overnight. i caught a wicked fever! it was no fun because it was my husband's birthday. i've recuperated but i put my poor liver into shock. anyway.... i enjoyed reading your blog. i'm so glad that you did the yoga classes and offered the intention to the group! thank you* i had a fantastic massage today. my energy is lifted and my lymphatic system was drained. i won't see you at the workshop but i hope to see you at the studio again for a yoga class or the osho meditation events! much love~~~ Carmela