Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Urban Rebounding Glooooryyy

I just got in from an Urban Rebounding class at the NYSC at Mercer Street. There is a gem of an instructor there by the name of Jim Linehan. I discovered him a few years ago, but did not go consistently as it did not fit with my schedule and I was getting my rebounding fix at the 14th street NYSC. Alas, the well of decent instructors has dried up and Ladies and Gents, lemme tell ya Jim is my SALVATION and I now attend his classes religiously.

It's sooo hard for me to find a cardio activity that is enjoyable and this class is bliss. I sweat cats. dogs and elephants, but man what a way to feel FIT AND ALIVE. I used to be in Rebounding heaven when there were 3-4 classes during the week to choose from. But somehow NYSC has managed to let these instructors slip through their fingers $%^&*(!!

Anyways, Jim is DIVINE and it's no surprise that he's actually a performer in "real life." Classes are a work of art in choreography with music that is chosen with meticulous care. His high energy is infectious, whether he is singing to the music or showing off his amazing moves to motivate us as we are working out.

There's an extra special something that I always look forward to 40 minutes into the class... I always look at the awe in newbies faces when they experience it for the first time, but you'll just have to come to a class to see what I am talking about.

NYSC at Mercer Street
6:00 pm Urban Rebounding
Tuesdays

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love Jim's Urban Rebounding class. He's amazing and super talented. I love his new single "Break Ya Back!!!" They should give him more classes.

LG