Thursday, September 11, 2008

And where did I leave off... Oh yes, my unexpected discovery Part 2

Well! With everyone visiting me this summer, it forced me to change my fitness schedule to free up my evenings. Therefore, I decided to work out on Tuesdays at lunch time and putting rebounding after work on hold. Ya HUH, I gave up my glorious class... So my gym buddy Kiki and I decided to give the 12:15 Spin class a try at NYSC on 38th street.

Well, I must say that the instructor well..... he turned out to be an unexpected discovery. I've taken many spin classes with instructors who all had one thing in common and that was to make you ride as hard as possible and/or push you as hard as possible. (There's even an instructor that Kiki and I take once in a blue that is downright cranky and we take the class whenever we want a giggle.) As a result eventually, the class would start to wear on me and I would give it up.

Well NOT Kevin, his mantra is that you should walk out of the class feeling like you can take another class!! How freaking refreshing is that??? I loved it. A gentle, effective, sweaty workout with a trainer whose got a fanstastic sense of humor and reminds us that we are all just trying to work off the Ben and Jerry's and who actually walks around the studio checking on people's form and making sure their bikes are adjusted properly. A super spin instructor I say!

Though I am back to rebounding after work. He is my permanant Tuesday backup!

No comments: